The currently well known premier international luxury goods event, BASEL Fair started in 1917 as the first “Swiss Industries Fair Basel.” The Fair expanded into a European Watch and Clock Show. It has now become the largest watch, clock and jewelry event in the world attracting more than 2,100 exhibitors and 80,000 visitors including watch manufactures, buyers, and journalists from around the world.
- The first "Swiss Industries Fair Basel" covering all sectors, including the specialized areas of watches, clocks and jewelry.
- First "Swiss Watch and Clock Show" with a special stand.
- First European Watch and Clock Exhibition in conjunction with the Swiss Watch and Clock Show, with exhibitors from the Federal Republic of Germany, France, Great Britain and Italy.
- First "European Watch, Clock and Jewelry Show".
- Official designation: Basel 83 - European Watch Clock and Jewelry Show. Name changed to BASEL + year (2 digits).
- Overseas exhibitors are admitted for the first time. Seiko's first exhibition at Basel.
- Renamed the World Show. Official designation: "BASEL 95 - The World Watch, Clock and Jewelry Show".
- BASEL celebrates 30 years as the world's leading watch and jewelry event.
- BASELWORLD 2003
A new corporate identity: BASELWORLD, The Watch and Jewellery Show